Public Works & Infrastructure
Flowers & Associates, Inc. has worked with various Cities and Counties on public works and infrastructure projects involving all three phases of the engineering process: planning; design; and construction.
Over the years, we have had the opportunity to observe and work within these agencies operational systems and interact with a large portion of Public Works’ staff.
We have extensive experience in working on projects that include everything from public facilities (buildings, schools, hospitals), transportation (roads, sidewalks, bridges, pipelines, airports), and public improvements (parks, beaches, walkways, public water supply, electrical, and sewer facilities).
Our extensive experience managing public works and infrastructure projects that range in size from several hundred thousand dollars to $35 million dollars are located throughout the Central Coast area including Santa Barbara, Ventura, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Gilroy and Pismo Beach, just to name a few. We have a thorough understanding of Public Works design standards and proven track record of achievement.
Significant Public Works Projects Include:
STREETS & PAVEMENT MAINTENANCE PROJECTS
Due to our extensive experience with Streets & Pavement Maintenance Projects, please see our “Street Maintenance” page for more details.
WATER & SEWAGE PROJECTS
- Braemar Sewage Lift Station Improvements
- Via Lucero Sewage Lift Station Improvements
- Padre Well Water Treatment System
- Evaluation of 8 Concrete Reservoirs
- Skofield Reservoir Replacement Project
- Cater Sludge Bed
- Braemar Lift Station Surge Control
- Linda Road Sewage Lift Station
- Cater Sedimentation Basin Slide Gates
- Cater Drainage Improvements
- Leadbetter Beach Parking Lot Improvements
- Boat Yard Reconstruction Project
- Harbor Parking Lot Improvements
- Harbor Building 119 Area Pavement Improvements
- Naval Reserve Center
- Boat Launch Ramp Repairs
- Airport Maintenance Facility
- Airport Administration Parking Lots
- Hangar 6 Area Drainage Improvements
- Maintenance Yard Sewage Lift Station
- Infrastructure Project, Area North of Hollister
In addition to the above, we are competent in all areas of ADA standards and design for both new construction and retrofit projects. We have experience developing accessible sites with local agencies throughout the tri-counties and have also been involved in numerous projects for local elementary schools, high schools, junior colleges and the University of California at Santa Barbara. Some schools we have provided ADA compliant work for include the Santa Barbara Unified School District, Lompoc Unified School District, Carpinteria Unified School District, Santa Barbara City College and Ventura College, to name a few. We understand the importance of accessibility for every person that wishes to access or attend an event, visit a site or park, or just enjoy the urban environment.